Green Monster Kill-the-Burnout Smoothie

I'm looking through my old blog for healthy recipes I might have forgotten about. I didn't have time to post a lot back then and I was surprised to see this candid post (Good thing I had no idea how long my road to recovery would actually be!):

"It's been 9 months since I was diagnosed with burn-out (adrenal fatigue and more). The doctors I saw said it would take up to a year to recover but I don't even feel close to getting better. In fact, now, I've been sick for a week and a half which is very unusual for me. 

I have been spending a lot more time meditating, talking to God and looking for things to be thankful for instead of feeling sorry for myself, which have energized me a lot emotionally.
Time to make some drastic changes though. 

Starting with seriously:
1. Getting more rest
2. Taking vitamins and iron (mine is low)
3. Laughing with friends 
4. Cutting down on sugar
5. And drinking green smoothies

The smoothie I made this morning was totally easy to drink. I would've added green tea but I'd already had coffee. I've been cutting down on caffeine as well because I know it's making things worse. Next time I'll add some strawberries. Of course you can add anything you like. Pears, celery, cabbage, kale, melons..."


Green Monster Kill-the-Burnout Smoothie

1/4 English cucumber, peeled
1 apple, peeled and quartered
1 carrot, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 BIG handful spinach
20 grapes
1/2 lemon, squeezed
Ice cubes
1-2 Tbsp collagen (Great Lakes or THM), or egg white protein powder, optional
1 scoop Chia seed, optional
1 pkg. Super Berry Concentrates All Greens (Costco), optional
(or your favourite macro greens mixture)
Cold green tea or a little water if needed, optional

Using a blender, blend twice on the ice setting and drink immediately.


Makes about 2 cups


Beyond Basics Health Tip:  Try to drink at least one green smoothie a day during the holiday season to ensure you get enough immune and energy boosting fruits and veggies. One green smoothie for breakfast, lunch or a snack can go along way to keeping you on the road to weight loss and improved health.




The information in my articles is NOT intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.

Comments